Linde Werdelin, your new favourite watch brand.
Introducing The Linde Werdelin Oktopus Titanium Blue
Every now and then a new watch company comes along that really stands out from the crowd, offers breathtakingly beautiful design coupled with incredible build quality and reliability. Linde Werdelin ticks all of these boxes and more.
We recently managed to get our hands on a rare and unique Linde Werdelin Oktopus in Titanium blue (one of only 88 ever made) currently for sale here .
Before clicking the previous link and buying the watch (we’re confident you’ll love it as much as we do) you may want to check out a little bit of history behind the watch and it’s founders Jorn Werdelin and Morten Linde.
Linde Werdelin History
Linde Werdelin Was Born Out Of A Life-Threatening Event In The Swiss Alps, A 40 Year Friendship And An Uncompromising Drive For Genuine Quality And Usefulness.
In 2002, Jorn Werdelin and Morten Linde partnered to develop a new idea: a highly crafted sports watch, when required, can be combined with a professional digital instrument to provide the right level of information at the right time for skiing and diving.
For Linde, “analogue is the best way to read time; digital is how you assimilate technical details”. A perfect combination of analogue and digital that delivers style and function, without having to compromise.
(taken fromthe official Linde Werdelin website: Visit www.lindewerdelin.com for more details)
The Linde Werdelin Oktopus Titanium Blue is limited to only 88 watches worldwide. It features a beautiful skeletonised dial featuring a big date in double wheels, powered by a highly finished Dubois Dépraz custom-made automatic movement for enhanced readability. The case is a highly durable 5 part construction from Ceramic & DLC Titanium, the striking blue accents against the darker carbon and titanium tones really add to what we believe is a visual masterpeice. The case back is finely engraved with an octopus drawing created by Morten Linde. The crown also features an engraved octopus symbol.
- Case : 5 part case-construction / 2.5 mm sapphire crystal antireflective on one side / Screw in back case with engraved octopus drawing / Screw in crown with engraved octopus symbol
- Dimensions : 44mm (w) by 46mm (l) by 15.25mm (h)
- Movement : LW customised Dubois Dépraz caliber 14580 / Automatic / Double date at 12 o’clock / 40 to 44 hour power reserve / 26 jewels / 28,800bph (4Hz)
- Dial : 2 layer dial / upper layer laser-cut in stencil technique / lower dial circular Côtes de Genève / date dial at 12 o’clock / date wheel laser-cut layer / hands in stainless steel with satin finish / LW cool grey 1U bespoke superluminova
- Water Resistance : 300m
- Strap : Bespoke high-end natural rubber strap, interchangeable within Linde Werdelin’s proprietary strap system
As we have said earlier in this post we absolutely love this watch. Once you hold one of these watches you can immediately feel (and see) the quality. In fact everything about this brand screams quality, the accompanying paperwork, usb registration stick, and box are all designed beautifully. Linde Werdelin have done a wonderful job with this watch and the rest of their product line combining effortless design finesse with bulletproof build quality.
Click HERE to get your hands on your own…